How to install Nuget Packages in Visual Studio under Proxy
What happened was VS tried to do an automatic update but was stopped by the proxy. I was prompted for credentials and the check took place.
I was inspired to check the TFS server connection just for kicks in case that prompt would possibly establish a connection for the TFS server to tunnel through… lo and behold! It worked!
- Open TOOLS>Extensions & Updates
- Click on Updates… in the left-hand menu
- There will be a failure notice on screen and a link to enter your credentials. Click it and enter them.
- Close the Extension manager.
- Click TEAM>Connect to TFS server…
- Enter the address and it will work!
Note: Some have suggested trying to use the proxy credential prompt by opening the integrated browser but this has not worked. I am not an expert but I think they are connecting through different channels within windows itself.
There is no editing of devenv.exe.config required for this to work.
It would be really hard to have to check for updates manually every time you need to connect to the server, but this is the best solution I have come up with until Microsoft fixes this issue permanently with an update or future release
26th November 2016
31st October 2015
30th November 2014